1. You don’t shave your legs, straighten your hair, and put on your best clothes every day just incase they run into you somewhere or ask to hang out. They know you are a real human being who is not perfect 24/7. They will still touch your stubbly unkept legs…or in my case, run their hands through my week long dry-shampoo hair.
2. You don’t need extravagant plans to impress or see each other. You’re happy with doing just about anything. They can come over in sweatpants and hang out, go grocery shopping, or sit on a sidewalk and talk. The conversation and laughter comes easy, it doesn’t matter where you are.
3. When you do want to make plans, there’s no hyperventilating before inviting them. When you need a date for a wedding in a month, you invite them. It’s simple. They will go with you as long as they don’t have something else planned.
4. You have no issue talking about what’s on your mind. You say the really dumb things you wanted to say before, but were too afraid of looking stupid. You’re past worrying about being judged because they know your silly, loud, or crazy side and still haven’t ran……yet.
5. There is a groove to your texting. You already know they will text you when they wake up, get out of class, leave work, etc. No more driving yourself crazy wondering when/if they will call or text again.
6. The ridiculous “texting rules” don’t apply either. If you have something to say, you say it. You can careless about sending the first text. You also don’t care if that text follows with five more. Blow up that phone like it’s your job!
7. Going off that, you also ditch the waiting rule. Before you didn’t want to look eager or always available. Now you see their name on your phone and reply. Isn’t it weird how all the rules go out the window?
8. And when they don’t text back right away, the world is not over. The both of you have already gotten to a point where you know the connection is there. They aren’t answering because they are busy, not because they lost interest in you.
9. The people you have kept on reserve for desperate or bored times start to become irrelevant. Ditch the backup list.
10. You aren’t looking for new perspectives either. You are too occupied with your person to pay attention to others. It may seem impossible, but you’re actually satisfied with what you’ve got. Why waste time investing anywhere else?